3 Weeks To Go!!!

Alison

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Three weeks until Junebug calves. This is her first. It's been fun to watch her grow and her udder develop. This is my first cow as well. Any comments on how she looks?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 109

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
She looks bemootiful! :ya:hide I know nothing about cows except that's where my milk in the fridge comes from. My only "experience" with calving is from Dr. Pol and him pulling them... Is yours a breed that does well on their own or that typically needs assistance? I hope everything goes well! Hope you'll share pics when the little one is born.

Alison

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm not sure what breed she is, but the bull was a Dexter. So hopefully it will be like spitting watermelon seeds.

cjc

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She may be an angus cross. A dexter bull will probably provide a small and easy calf for your girl. My first one I was so scared about. We went to the bank came home and were wowed to see a baby in the field! It is such a beautiful thing. Good luck! Please share the pics of your new calf!

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She looks good! Calving time is always so exciting...

Do you have a side picture her? That would make it a little easier to determine what breed she is (that is, if you want us to). :)