9 month Pyr pups -Update 1/23/15

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So we have had 2 kiddings recently but we pulled the kids which meant we did not have dogs present to clean them etc. Which is the first part of bonding. So today with the sun out and weather decent we took the kids out to the chicken field and let them run around. We needed to see how the pups would do with them ripping and running.
Elisa is in heat and in lockdown so she could participate.
Chunk and Toby's styles are very different.

Chunk wants the kids where he wants them and thinks they should be.
Toby is chill, LOL at first he almost seemed afraid of the wild things. The kids found him anyway and he showed just how much he is like Badger...

Chunk wants them to stay in the enclosure
SAM_4855.JPG

Trying to get a sniff
SAM_4864.JPG

Staying close by
SAM_4878.JPG

Toby and Chunk(closest)
SAM_4873.JPG

The doeling checking out Toby
SAM_4981.JPG

Mr Livewire climbing on board
SAM_4982.JPG

Bouncy bounce
SAM_4984.JPG

Doeling with calm Toby
SAM_4985.JPG

...and Badger the baby daddy
SAM_4973.JPG

Poor Badger already being abused by the kids!
SAM_4977.JPG

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im in love with alll of them!!!! Especially livewire and the doeling!
:love:love:love
Your dogs are amazing:love

Our dog isnt really a LGD. Hes more of a chase them in circles kind of dog :p He's actually more afraid than anything and if hes not careful he will get rammed !

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol @luvmypets yeah, herding dogs definitely don't make good LGD's.:D It is funny Katie's first set of trips is almost identical to this set!

Yeah, Badger is the baby magnet! It is so funny how the kids just know the "white things" are safe.

Looking like Toby will be a lot like Badger in this area.

@Queen Mum sometimes I feel bad for Badge... he will have 4-5 kids springboarding off of him... He is so patient. Amy guards the goats but she isn't into the whole "yes, you can climb on me" she gets up and goes somewhere else.:p

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to get a few pics but wanted to share something about Chunk...

Pups are now 9 months!
Today or this weekend I will try and get pics.

But I decided to weigh Chunk last night because he is just so ... well... big....
115lbs :ep :ep :ep

Is that crazy? What the heck? I will weigh Toby and Elisa today, weather permitting.

They are all doing great!
Chunk of course is "Chunk".;) Had a friend over the other day and her and her husband came in the field... YES, we put up the dogs in the kennel. Well Chunk never takes his eyes off of me when there are strangers around. My friend noticed this and said "I have been watching him and no matter where you are he positions himself to watch you."
What was more interesting was that while this was happening DD noticed something I did not see as I was talking to my friend. Her husband kinda swatted at a chicken with his foot (probably a delaware pecking at his pants
notamused.png
) anyway Chunk jumped up hit the fence and was going "Chunk"... I didn't know that had happened... til DD told me. What I thought was interesting was it appeared his focus was all on me yet he didn't miss that ... Gotta love a dog that doesn't even want a chicken messed with.:)
Of course though as I walked over to him and we were all standing there I told Chunk "enough it's ok". I am working with him. Took a long time with Amy but it was worth it ... anyway Chunk did not like me making him get down and stay calm... I couldn't believe it ... He LOOKED over and saw his green water bucket looked up and then took his big old paw and PURPOSELY knocked it over!:eek: All of us looked at him in disbelief... teenage badness... had to have that last word. BRAT!:lol:

Chunk never appears to be doing much yet it is clear ... everything is his "herd" ... family, goats, chickens... all his. LOVE this dog!
He is also doing the "bunny puppy sit" like his Uncle D... I will try and get a pic. It is too cute!