Am I doing this right?!

MeganA19

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Am I feeling in the right spot for ligaments? This would be this doe's 145th day, and I couldn't do this earlier today. I can touch my fingertips together while feeling around her tail bone.... Plus there's a bit of white mucus after she pee'd. Eek, getting nervous!!

Attachments

• goats and fodder 108.jpg
    goats and fodder 108.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 81
  • goats and fodder 109.jpg
    goats and fodder 109.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 92
  • goats and fodder 106.jpg
    goats and fodder 106.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 94

MeganA19

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting to get excited until I was more sure I was doing it right but OMG! Her udder is slowly getting there, but it went from just teats to teats and a tiny udder within hours on Saturday so she's finally getting somewhere! If she's really truly not fooling me I will totally link this!! Thank's guys! Woop! :fl:celebrate

MeganA19

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So still nothing, ligs are still gone, she goes from super hyper to being really tired, but no more discharge, no more noticeable udder growth.. hope everything is okay in there. It's only day 147 but still, I thought when ligs were gone it was within 24 hours...

Bucking Adoeable Fainters

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are 147 over here too. Her ligs have been gone almost a week and her udder looks like it could pop. Just doe code...i have my monitor on and "pretend" not to watch hoping she knows I'm actively NOT watching, to help labor along ;)

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
With the feeling ligaments, I at first just thought it meant that I could tuck my finger around the tail bone. Not really what I was looking for though. Yes, when those ligs go, you can tell the tail is looser but I finally got that there were two pencil-thickness bands that I was feeling for. If you can have someone hold her (or if you have another goat who is not so close to being due it might be a good comparison), try to find these bands. You are in the right spot and she is due so they could be gone. It would just be nice for you to know exactly what they feel like when they are still hardened for reference.

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree! Check ligs on a doe who isnt due any time soon!