Animals love to scare us!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have all been there! You get home from school or work and something isn't quite right. Whether it be a sticky situation or a goat playing hide and seek, we have all had our share of our animals trying to give us a heart attack. Share your stories of your animals deciding to give you a wake up call and keep you on your toes!

I'll start!

Once my friend was helping me care for our animals, when I walk in I peek my head in the stalls make sure everyone is ok and then I move on. So anyways I go up to the alpacas, and I see the one boy fine, but Dante was laying down and not getting up. I couldn't see his head but I saw he was breathing. But he still didn't get up so I feared the worst. It was dark in the stall, but I got this crazy idea.. No, he couldn't have been on the other side. So I look into Reggie's stall and I saw the sillouette of his head UNDER the stall divider. So I ran in and tied Reggie outside. I had to push his shoulder back along with his neck. My friend and her mom got really scared! Dante was fine, when I was figuring out how to move him he calmy chewed his hay :plbb. I pushed him out and he leaped up. We nailed a board into the bottom of the stall. He was fine but it was definitly an interesting experience!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your goats are lucky. I don't call the vet that fast lol!

My husband's psycho dog scared me one day. She disappeared for like 20 minutes. I'm yelling and getting ready to put a leash on my other dog and go hunt for her. Then my mom pulls in the driveway and I think sweet, she can help me look....

.... Or that's my dog in the back seat. She ran away, to my mother's house, and begged for treats on her porch.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Or they go off feed, so you panic and call the vet.

The vet comes out.

They jump on the vet.

They chew on the vet.

They and the vet look at you like you're crazy.

They go back to eating.

The vet says they're fine.

You get a big bill.

Goats are brats.
I would be so annoyed!
Your goats are lucky. I don't call the vet that fast lol!

My husband's psycho dog scared me one day. She disappeared for like 20 minutes. I'm yelling and getting ready to put a leash on my other dog and go hunt for her. Then my mom pulls in the driveway and I think sweet, she can help me look....

.... Or that's my dog in the back seat. She ran away, to my mother's house, and begged for treats on her porch.
Oh my gosh! I would've panicked so bad.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My horse Joe is 27 and the love of my life. I can't count the times I have gone to feed and he didn't show up. Before we moved, they had 36 acres to roam on and sometimes he was at the very back. I'd go looking for him with my heart pounding and feel so relieved when I found him.

A few weeks ago, I was walking in the back of the horse pasture and could see a white blob through the woods. On. The. Ground. My first thought was that Joe was dead. I ran. Sure enough, he was all stretched out and looked dead. Then he raised his head and looked at me like he was saying What?

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Baymule goats do that all of the time. A few weeks ago I was throwing rocks at my "dead" buck to see if he would move...he did. They also sleep with their heads in the strangest positions, as if their necks are double jointed or something.
You don't know how many times I have sat in the passengers seat while my mom drives up the driveway then gasp and my mom slams on the breaks and I say back up because this one goat, Oliver, looks like he is dead with a broken neck. I jump out of the car and Oliver groggly wakes up and looks at me like I'm crazy. I've had people tell me, "I think you have a dead goat," and sure enough it's Oliver sleeping.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Joe looking at me like I'm crazy. I disturbed his nap. I was so glad that he wasn't dead that I sat down next to him, hugged his neck and we had a long conversation!

Joe Laying Down.JPG

Attachments

• Joe Laying Down.JPG
    Joe Laying Down.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 73

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can so relate to that! I always panic when the alpacas sunbath, like why are you laying on your side?? Geno likes to sit as still as possible so I bolt across two acres just for him to get up and walk away.

Latest posts