Any resources for Canadians?

Onyx

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I am quite disappointed right now because I have been trying to find everything from purebred goat breeders to goat supplies and there seems to be very little in Canada that I can find :/ I am moving to New Brunswick, but I am travelling from British Columbia with a large trailer so I am thinking I may want to stop to pick up supplies or even stock on the way (Bringing secure kennel fencing with me). Does anyone know of anything?

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
If youre looking for registered goat breeders, have you looked at the CLRC? They have a breeder directory by breed registry or province. Some breeders are listed multiple times, with updated information, some are outdated and no longer breed whats listed. What breed(s) are you looking for? Toggenburg and oberhasli are particularly difficult to find; nubians i would suggest purchasing from someone in a similar climate that doesnt baby them, just to get local hardiness.

What kind of things are you looking to haul? If you have chickens, make sure they have their permits (i think thats still needed?) To cross provincial borders.

There are very few Canadian based resources including husbandry skills geared towards our diverse and often hostile climates, to farm supply. When passing through the prairies, visit Peavey Marts alonggl the way -- decent supplies for fair prices. They have a 'hen scratch' they sell thats $10/25kg bag and i use it in my pig mix, straight feed for the chickens and rabbits.

When you go through saskatoon or Regina, you can visit masterfeeds, see if they have anything you want/need supply wise. Saskatoons is cheaper but depends on how you come. depending on your convoy or haul space, you may find alfalfa bales pretty cheap here. Its not ubcommon to find 50lb squares here for $2ea.

The majority of breeders will be in Ontario, for most of what you will probably be looking for.

Latest posts