Baymule’s 2024 Lambing plus 12-23

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update on Rainbow and her lambs. A couple pages back, she was firmly rejecting her ram lamb. 2 days ago, I let them out with the rest of the ewe crew. Homeless Bum has the system down and it’s working. While Rainbow sniffs and lavishes love on Precious Princess, Homeless Bum comes up from behind and eats too. Rainbows collar did not come with a rear view mirror, so she has no clue.

IMG_6489.jpeg

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I love the spotty lamb, spots are my favorite 😍 that and solid black or some combo of black, third fav is chocolate but a lot of the blacks fade to chocolate anyway sooo🤷‍♀️
Can’t taste color but you sure can sell it better…especially round here where they’re few and far between. Lots of white and everyone’s raring for color.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the spotty lamb, spots are my favorite 😍 that and solid black or some combo of black, third fav is chocolate but a lot of the blacks fade to chocolate anyway sooo🤷‍♀️
Can’t taste color but you sure can sell it better…especially round here where they’re few and far between. Lots of white and everyone’s raring for color.

A black sheep is good to have in the flock. One that is always brown is an indicator of low levels of copper. Hair sheep need some copper. Shedding black sheep will have dead brown hair but should have black hair underneath. Sunburnt black hair is another consideration, but a healthy black or black spotted sheep sure is pretty.

I have a black and white spotted ram lamb too. He’s 3rd generation, eligible for full registration at 1 year old. Debating if I want to sell him now or wait and register him and then sell him.