Callie Pups!New homes & Teaching Moments

Do you think DNA will show any Toli/Pyr crosses?

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
A lot of the old timers her know who Callie and D are and know how great these 2 dogs are but many of you are unfamiliar with them. We have had waiting list for these pups but 18 months and nothing :( Just about everyone went on to get other dogs and we only have 2 left that are still on the list.

Well, we had all but given up. Truly we figured it would never happen... over and over and nothing.:hu

BUT THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To our surprise Callie is going to have PUPPIES!
smiley-happy093.gif
smiley-happy093.gif

The long awaited Callie/D litter!

DD yelled over to me the other day and said " MOM, I think Callie is pregnant!"

I went back and looked!
smiley-happy093.gif
smiley-shocked019.gif
smiley-shocked003.gif

Then came the scramble of figuring out when she would whelp!
DD had recorded D going back with Callie and those dates would put her due today 12/20! Yet we pulled her up and although she is huge and her teats are big and her parts are big she doesn't have milk yet and she literally went boom and just started showing. Only later did I look at the rest of the dates because something wasn't adding up...
Nov 7 the the vet came and gave Rabies. We put Callie is the kennel and I thought well since she won't let D breed her maybe she'll let Badger... put him in and she stood for 30 seconds and did her usual "if you can't get it done in 30 seconds than I'm done" deal and went all Cujo. Took Badger out and figured I was probably a day or two late so to speak.
That means she was probably standing a few days earlier which puts her due in 2 1/2 - 3 weeks out!
smiley-happy093.gif
with "D"!!!

Given the sudden growth and no milk yet... it adds up. This is good for me as I was thinking I am on lockdown to whelp... I have shopping to do! I didn't even go with DH to his work thingy the other night. Lockdown is lockdown around here!
hystery.gif

Funny! I had already decided we wouldn't do any more pups as I want to do rehab instead and even posted on my website about not breeding for pups! LOLOLOLOL

CALLIE & D PUPS! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

This should be interesting! We will be kidding at the same time! :)
Last litter we had we had a goat in labor to the right of us and Amy whelping on the Left of us! We were in the middle going back and forth!:rolleyes:
Farm life! Gotta love it!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks all! :)
I cannot tell you how excited I am!
I am going to be praying that each dog goes exactly where they are suppose to go and that they will be a blessing to that herd and family!

These pups are so super special... Badger and Amy are awesome but Callie and D are the top dogs. :hide They will be huge too!
D is 33inches and Callie 31-32 and they are both so well tempered.
I keep thinking why aren't we moved yet so I can somehow justify another dog or two.:lol:
My poor Dh keeps saying "but I just bought 500 lbs of dog feed... we need more? "

When we have visitors of course Amy and Badger cannot be brought out but Callie and D totally showboat! Callie is a real sucker for little kids too. She lays down and rolls over so little ones can pet her and love on her! She is a dream Dog and D well you all know he is my baby. That is why I kept Chunk from Amy and Badgers litter, Chunk is a miniature D! I adore that dog!

Straw (for those of you that remember him) is so excited! We co-own Callie together!