Colerain Twp Ohio

Colerainian

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Anyone else here dealing with or already dealt with Colerain Twp. and their 100ft zoning setback for shelters for goats and chickens?

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from NE Ohio! Not sure where Colerain Twp. is, but have you talked to anyone in zoning yet? You may be able to ask for a variance, if the setback would make things difficult. Checking with your neighbors to see how they would feel about you having a variance would also be a good idea - if they support it or are at least ok with it, that helps. Good luck!

Colerainian

Herd lurker
Reaction score
A NW Cincinnati suburb. A lady from zoning said $35 for permit that would get declined and once I got the rejection letter then $350 for the zoning board appeal. I still find it odd that a suburb township has stricter rules the city of Cincinnati (which would be cool with both).

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I despise taxes/fees for permission to use owned property! :somad:somad:somad:rant:rant:rant #&^%$(&$! zoning laws!!! ANYway...

Greetings @Colerainian from the front range in Colorado :frow Welcome to BYH. Perhaps it's time to get a citizens group together and challenge the zoning folks... like get them fired replaced and then put some common sense measures in place. Hope you can get it worked out. Mean time, there's some great goat & sheep folks on here and a lot of them have chickens and other birds too. Glad to have you with us.

Latest posts