1. Official BYH Caption Contest #3 - October 2014 - Pic by HoneyDreamMomma
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

2. BYH Featured Thread: First timer with Lionheads!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

3. BYH Picture Contest - Fall 2014
    CLICK HERE!

4. BYH New Section: Bees & Beekeeping
    CLICK HERE!

5. Official Poll: What breed of Livestock Guardian Dog do you prefer?
    CLICK HERE!

6. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Deworming

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Rabbits' started by Rabbits4mark, May 8, 2012.

1. May 8, 2012
    Rabbits4mark

Rabbits4mark Just born

My rabbit seems perfectly heathly but I keep reading about deworming programs . Is this really necessary?
  2. May 8, 2012
    WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Loving the herd life

I don't de-worm, and no other rabbit breeders I know do. But mine are up in wire cages off the ground so that probably helps.
  3. May 8, 2012
    secuono

secuono Loving the herd life

I don't deworm any animal unless they seem wormy.
  4. May 9, 2012
    lovinglife

lovinglife Overrun with beasties

A friend of mine has been in the rabbit business for many years, she shows and also for meat. She worms her breeding stock every year as a precaution. Also, she has had a lot better luck than me at breeding, I got a doe from her and to this day has not given me a litter, yet had nice large litters for her. So, thinking about getting what she uses and give her a dose, see if it helps.