Enclosure input needed

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm just full of questions today. TIA for your input. The space I'm creating in my head is currently for 4 Nigerian Dwarfs and Tripod, who will probably not grow to full Kiko size.
Hubby says we need to get permanent enclosure plotted out tonight. Our friend is bringing us 20 16ft panels tomorrow and they want to get started right away.
We have an old fence/tree line that the goats on loan have cleared out so we can get the old fencing/barbed wire out. If we go 3 panels wide and 5 panels long that would give us a 48x80 ft enclosure. If we incorporate it into this tree line the goats would have some open sunny area and some shade.
Because one ND is a buck I'm thinking I need to divide the enclosure into two spaces.
Question one: Does size and logic sound right?

Next....I am wondering about putting their shed in the middle of the division with entrances from both sides. In my head it seems like there should be a way to make a semi-permanent dividing wall in their shed so that, if we do have baby goats and need more room, it can be removed and just used from one side. (In which case we would build a smaller shed for the buck and the wether on their side.)
Question two: If I do this, what would be the smallest workable size for shed and, again, does my logic sound right?

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Love the idea of shed with divider, divider would definitely have to withstand your buck's determined mind when he is in rut. My buck managed to get over a five foot fence! Finally went 8ft just to make sure he stayed out. Size of pen in my mind sounds big enough. I believe my shed is either 10x10 or 12x12 for four adult goats and two doelings.