Fly spray safe for dairy

MTKitty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
With goats’ metabolism being so weird and very few commercial formulas specific to them, I need a fly spray that’s safe to use on dairy goats.

With the wet spring warming up, mosquitos and deer flies are out. I’d like something I can use on my girls to keep the nasty-bities off and still use the milk for something besides chicken feed and cat treats.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are also commercia permethrins and citronella sprays. I used a citronella horse spray I bought for DD1's horse. He was allergic to regular fly spray. I found that out after fighting him for an hour in the wash as he kept trying to buck. Got home and he was coveredwith tiny welts. Felt guilty and bathed him immediately. I found a "natural" citronella spray after that and he was fine. I just kept using it on everything.

MTKitty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Forgot all about SSS.

I just looked. Avon is still around (avon.com). They actually package SSS as an insect repellent, these days. Both with and without an SPF factor. Huh.

MTKitty

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
From the website, it looks like you can order directly from the company. Even Avon has joined the 21st century.