Galadriel Just Died in my Arms and now Delilah's buckling

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm still in shock. Galadriel, our almost 3 month old bottle baby died in my arms tonight. I went to feed the critters and milk the does. Galadriel had been acting a bit reluctant to hang out with the other girls and laid down but when I called her to the bottle. She ate like a fiend. She got her standard one bottle as she was getting close to being weaned. Then she promptly laid down. This got me looking at her and right before my eyes she bloated. I loaded her up on the ATV and got her in the house. I made a quick slurry of baking soda and water and got a bunch into her. Then, I gave her C&D antitoxin. I put her in the large dog crate and had her rest while I let the baking soda work. It seemed to. Then, she started screaming and spasming. I held her and gave her some antibiotics, but she was fading. She simply died.

I'm stunned. She was healthy and playing with her half sisters earlier. Now I have a dead goat baby. What could I have done?

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im so sorry, we lost our one and only baby last week :(

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry SkyWarrior!! I know this must hurt you a lot, to lose her! Please please please don't blame yourself in any way... you did everything you knew to do for her. :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks, all. And I have a kid with FKS. My life has taken a turn for the surreal.

mmpereira

Just born
Reaction score
I'm very very sorry. I am sad. I think you have done everything you could, but some times we don't what happens. don't blame yourself. Be strong.

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What in the heck am I doing wrong? Delilah's buckling with FKS just died in my arms too. Dang it, I did everything right and he was recovering, and then wham!