1. 10,000 members - Guess the Day and Hour and win!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

2. Official BYH caption Contest #2 - 29 July 2014 - Pic by Pioneer Chicken
    Click HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

3. BYH Featured Thread: Weaning Questions
    Click HERE!

4. BYH Picture Contest - Fall 2014
    CLICK HERE!

5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

6. Caption Contest Submissions - Pictures Needed
    Click HERE!

Goat deterant?

Discussion in 'Everything Else Goats' started by CCassity, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Apr 16, 2013
    CCassity

CCassity Exploring the pasture

My neighbor has about 15 goats right up against the fence to our property she is horrible at keeping her fences up and her one big boar doe keeps pushing down the fence and coming in my yard. I planted 15 bushes over in that area 2 yrs ago to try and block the view. I have told her about her goats getting out and she hasn't done anything (not a good neighbor). Does anyone know of anything I can put over there to deter them from wanting to be in my yard I really don't want them eating a few hundred dollars worth of bushes.
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    Southern by choice

Southern by choice True BYH Addict

Hot wire...not expensive and let her know you are running a strand of it or maybe recommend SHE put up the hot wire.
  3. Apr 16, 2013
    CCassity

CCassity Exploring the pasture

She has hotwire up but like I said doesn't maintain anything so its either not on or shorting out and like I said she doesn't care last summer her mastiff jump the fence and attacked my daughters schnauzer the only thing that work there was a shot gun and letting her know next time we wouldn't shoot into the air( and calling animal control).
  4. Apr 17, 2013
    lovinglife

lovinglife Overrun with beasties

This may sound bad, but where I live if an animal belonging to someone else comes to your property and does damage, the owner of the animal is liable, OR you are legally able to contain the animal and either take to the sale or butcher for your own use. If your neighbor is not willing to contain her animals on her property... I don't know what the laws are where you live, but I think it would be worth checking into it, at least know your rights and then you can let her know what YOUR plan is to stop the unwanted behavior. Aside from that, you can always put up woven field fence, which is costly and a lot of labor, but would keep them out of your property.
  5. Apr 17, 2013
    PendergrassRanch

PendergrassRanch Loving the herd life

I just call Animal Control and have them pick up the goat. Problem solved and hopefully the owner will get a clue.