Goat(s) spitting up 'great green gobs'

WashingtonBay

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks all :) Will check tonight and let you know what/if we find/feel/smell/taste ;)

WashingtonBay

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, tonight we did a close inspection of the jaw, teeth and throat of the two older girls, and found nothing. Nothing seemed sore or swollen or anything stuck. While we were at it we trimmed Patty's toes, which needed it!

And I didn't end up separating them either, not tonight... no time to set up the spare stall. I'll keep an eye on this in the next couple of days, see if I can get to the bottom of it.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Put some baking soda out in one of your mineral feeders...if it's due to an upset stomach it'll help.

WashingtonBay

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten about that suggestion.

WashingtonBay

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Fewer green gobs last night, a couple, if any...

Not sure if it's related, but Pearl, the big Toggenberg, appears now to be in standing heat, and the two dwarf wethers are making a lot of bizarre grunting sounds that apparently mean something like "hey baaabieee, hubba hubba" and fighting each other over the privilege of mounting her. Sometimes settling for a bizarre sortof three-way kinky chain dance.

I'm not sure how much worse it would be if they were actually breeding bucks, and I'm sortof glad I don't know ;).

They're out now, I'm hoping they'll settle down and browse around a little today, tonight I'll be giving them some of the baking soda.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
WashingtonBay said:
Not sure if it's related, but Pearl, the big Toggenberg, appears now to be in standing heat, and the two dwarf wethers are making a lot of bizarre grunting sounds that apparently mean something like "hey baaabieee, hubba hubba" and fighting each other over the privilege of mounting her. Sometimes settling for a bizarre sortof three-way kinky chain dance.

I'm not sure how much worse it would be if they were actually breeding bucks, and I'm sortof glad I don't know ;).
:yuckyuck

They are quite comical. :lol:

Depending on the level of amorousness that your wethers have a buck would be very similar in sound and attention.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm glad there were less blobs. It may just have been something that one of them ate that disagreed with them and they were spitting it out when it came up for cud. :/

I'd still put the baking soda out and see if it helps. Only leave it out for a couple of days.

WashingtonBay

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am going to give them some when I put them in tonight. They're outside now.