Goat trouble standing

tink

Just born
Reaction score
Hey.... I have a goat who is about 5 years old and she is having trouble standing. She will be fine and her legs seem to give out on her. She is peeing and pooing okay. Her personallity is a little off....not quite as onry. Any ideas?
Tink

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a vet may need to see her. I couldn't even guess this one. I hope she does ok for you.

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
is she current on cd/t vacinations? does she have a wound or any open sore? I would think tetanus could be a possible cause for her "off" behavior. If she has been wounded or you are unsure of her vacination status I would suggest a tetanus anti-toxin treatment...These symptoms are common to several conditions, left untreated the goat could be in dire straits before too long....All goat producers have dealt with these symptoms at one time or another...treatment is important but should be experienced based....If you feel you don't have the experience to make the decision, a vet should be contacted ASAP...Again if she hasn't had a cd/t vacination, I would start there...JMO/E