Hello from North Dakota!

LeviS

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hello there everyone! Long time lurker of this site and have finally decided I want to contribute. I've been using the sites sister site BYC for some time and have to reference topics from this site often.

I live in western North Dakota, I currently have 13 boer/Spanish/Nubian cross does and 27 kids from this years kidding season, I also have a guard llama and two horses. In addition to the herd animals, I have unknown number of chickens, 11 call ducks, 2 geese, and am just getting started in quail.

I have been debating getting a milking doe for a few months now, so far I have visited two farms, got to try goat milk and I finally made my decision and it was YES! I'm just amazed at all the great stuff that you can make with goat milk! Plus I would like to have 1-2 around for when my other doe(s) are kidding, as I got 4 sets of triplets and 1 quad last year. Would be nice to not have to give the kids away (due to insane milk replacer costs). I would also like to raise a pail calf with the milk if I cant keep up (which I kind of doubt with 1 doe but what's three more goats added right *wink wink*)

I look forward to contributing and questioning during my quest to find said dairy doe/doe(s) and after!

kinder

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH.!! MY, MY, you sure are busy.!! Congrats. on your many successes. Glad you decided to join us.:thumbsup

Support

True BYH Addict
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! Great job on doing the cross-over! :thumbsup Hope you will enjoy BYH as much as you did BYC.

herbnerd

Just born
Reaction score
Hello there from kentucky! We just moved here in December from North north central ND... or "southern Canada" as we would say :) it's good to hear from someone back home.
we also just purchased our first milking goats. Will be looking forward to sharing adventures in the future!

Sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Belated welcome to BYH :frow Glad you joined us!