Hello

What's kickin' chicken

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm branching out been on the sister site for years.... now need info on Katahdin sheep,we are new to sheep and a little lost at times.... starting out with 6 ewes and one ram...should be lambing in April 2016 ...

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to Backyard Herds!! :) Hope you enjoy your time spent here! There's wonderful people, lots of info, and lots of pictures to browse through! :)
Congratulations on the upcoming lambs!! My does will hopefully be kidding around the same time that your girls are lambing! :weee
:welcome

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings @What's kickin' chicken from the front range in Colorado! :welcome Glad to have you with us! Lots of great info and super helpful folks here. Have a Q? Just shout it out! Someone will get back to you in no time at all. It's easy to get caught up doing :caf and :pop and you'll find lots of pics to :love & :drool over ;) Have fun!

Ericka

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome - I am new too :) And can't wait to see pics of the babies when they come!! People have been so welcoming and even super helpful already - you'll love it.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Ohio! I have Icelandic sheep, but know people with Katahdins.

Is the ram still with the ewes? I keep my ram with the girls through the winter, but will separate him just before lambs are due. But some people separate the ram after he's had a month or two to do his job. What part of the country are you in?

We'd love some pictures of your sheep if you have any :)

La-Z Hooves Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome from Sweet Home Alabama! :welcome We raise Reg. ADGA Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats. Not sure @ sheep, but I know there will be tons of folks here in the herd that are. Welcome to the Herd. See ya around the barnyard.:frow

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings from the Goldy Show Hens. The people here are very helpful, I personally know near nothing about sheep

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State, where the stars at night are big and bright! Come, sit a spell, grab your beverage from that there table and shoo the dog off the chair, mutt taint suppose to be in the house anyway. There is some right fine sheep people here who I'm sure will be helpful to you. Don't hesitate to ask questions, really, seriously, don't hesitate cause any question you may have you can bet there are others out there too timid to ask. Be bold, your critters will thank you for it.

Please don't forget we live through pictures, so post away and include pictures when you can. We will thank you for it!