Help , baby goat with Pneumonia??

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I went and picked up my little bottle baby doeling (Friday) , well when I got her home I noticed once in a while she would have a wet mucus cough , well I just thought it could be since she was only 3 days old maybe she still had some mucus, but now she has runny nose with greenish snot , won't always finish her bottle , and still has the cough. Can any one tell me if I'm right and how to treat her ??

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
sorry to hear that your doeling isn't feeling well... can you take a temperature on her and see what it is-it's always a good idea to do this before treating.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I too would call a vet.
Do you have any antibiotics on hand?
If a vet is not an option, and she has a fever I would treat with antibiotics.

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
when I first took her temperature it was 100.5 , then I took another temp. it was 103.2 , then I took another and it was 104.4 but I just pulled her from out under a heat lamp so I think it was a little elevated because of that. I turned the lamp off and I will take it again in a little. I don't have really any vets around here that do goats most are very far away. I gave her a children mucus relief liquid, it has a decongestant, a expectorant that a website I think the one above recommended. I have some antibiotics on hand. But a friend of mine said I should wait until she starts a fever before I use it because it could cause her to get an upset stomach.

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
she still acts normal and regularly pees and poops, she still has a normal appetite.

Mason&lily

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
and her snot isn't really green now its kinda white cloudy