HELP WITH KITS!!!!!!!!/Kid progress

Bucking Adoeable Fainters

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
el.l o !everyone I apologize for the run on sentences I am talking to my phone to text this for me I went out to Dolce hutch and she had 6 kids left uncovered were cold and as I pick them up to inspect and mourn loss I attempted to revive them with little hOpe believe it or not I have 2 Revived Dolce and never pulled hair but I have hair from when I groomed McQueen yesterday I have grab the kits wrap them in fur and brought them inside the house to warm them as quickly as possible I fear I have lost the other foUr one had a foot chewed off
Fluffy has not Kit even though she was bred first do I put the kids back with their mother in hopes that she will know what to do and natural instinct to take over or do I hope and pray fluffy will kit I can put these miracle two in with her will these two actually make it I thought they were frozen solid but by some miracle I held them in my hands and I gasp of air was taken they now seem to be moving while wrapped in fur please advise any and all advice needed

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay one for sure looks good. Nice and pink now and moving. Another is okay, I'm on the fence. Another started to breath, but thats a lost cause i think.

Any advice anyone. Just let nature take its course? Or attempt to lay Dulce down so this one has a chance?

Most of the babies had scratches/marks on them. 5 were lined up perfect, one, the biggest healthiest one was in the middle of the cage...ugh

Attachments

• 20150116_082601.jpg
    20150116_082601.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 167

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the losses! Hope the last 2 make it okay! :hugs:fl

I would hold Dulce to feed them - usually twice a day. The little marks can be from over-grooming. A lot of does can over-do the grooming/cleaning of their kits - especially first-time moms.

If Fluffy does kindle soon - hopefully you can add them to her litter if she doesn't have too many :)

Last edited:

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
THANK YOU!

We are down to one. But that teeny little runt is fighting strong! Nice and pink now. So glad McQueen is so fluffy so i had hair.

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay, so i took a couple of photos. I brought the little Lazurus in to make sure it is nice and warm so it has a fighting chance.

Here is a photo, sorry. I need to know if these guys look fed. I personally think so. The tummies look nice and round. But then again it could be just post-mortem. Idk. Such healthy beautiful perfect little things. So sad. Little Lazurus is on the left, obviously.

Thank you for advice and hugs. Greatly appreciated. Xoxo

Ps. If anyone can give me insight as to sexing newborns, id love to hear know. Since their little lives wont be a complete waste.

Attachments

• 20150116_104152.jpg
    20150116_104152.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 164

Latest posts