I am new to BYH, hello.

Hlail

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey, I am new to this website. I decided to join, because of my mini pot belly pigs. I have three that are pregnant, a boar, and two 6 month old male mini pot belly pigs. When I got pinky, the owner told me the day she might go into labor. The original owner had the boar in with the sows 24/7. So honestly, the date she was giving me probably isn't even accurate. According to the original owner, and today's date Pinky could be birthing mini pot belly pigs any day now. I am from North Carolina, it has been so hot, and humid here. Especially since it just finished raining a week straight. On our little farm we have had cows, goats, and chickens. So I am new to the pig world. I am excited to be here on this website, I know I will get tons of good advice.

Thanks ya'll.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings once again! Hope someone with pigsperience helps on your other thread. Glad to have you with us!

Hlail

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Greetings once again! Hope someone with pigsperience helps on your other thread. Glad to have you with us!
I had a couple people reply. I posted a different thread. I am starting to wonder if the people I bought my pot belly pig from lied, and said she was pregnant but actually she’s not. I am wondering if they did it thinking they’d make money faster by saying she was pregnant. It doesn’t matter to me if she’s pregnant or not. I would just like to know to accommodate for it. She’s got the swollen vulva, today’s day 3 but no milk at all. So I’m starting to wondering and I really could use this websites help along with people with pig experience. I’m thankful for this website.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. My pig experience is raising feeder pigs for slaughter. Just keep an eye on her, no telling when she’s due.