I hate watching them go...

newbiekat

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this, but I just thought I needed to share that we sold 2 goats tonight... It never gets any easier... One of them was one that I never wanted to sell. She was supposed to stay on our farm forever. She had no use for our farm, but I didn't care. DH and I decided that we NEEDED to downsize. And she was one that had to go... :hit But the people who bought her wanted a wether also, and we were selling our wether as well... So I'm glad that they both went together to a new home at least, and these people seemed so nice and willing to care for them with the love and care that I had for them... These new owners were new in the goat world, and I thought my two would be the perfect fit for her... Doesn't make it any easier loading them up... :hit Sorry, just had to share..

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I totally understand. I have two older does that need to go, like yours, they have no use on my farm. One is one of my original 3 and the other is a doe that was born here the first year we had kids, the only one of the three born here that first year that I still have. Unfortunately I am working on getting a licensed dairy so I need milkers and neither of these fit that bill. One had mastitis and has 1/2 of an already horrible udder and the other has lumpy teats and I can't milk her. But here they sit. I can't let them go, and in their case I don't think anyone would want them other than maybe for a brush clearing crew.

Glad yours went to a good home.

Melanie

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I completely understand. I sold half my herd a couple weeks ago and I just cried and cried. I have mine for family milkers and 12 goats was just way to many. I now have 6 and everytime I go out to love on my other goaties it seems to get easier. With that said I still miss them and get upset when my others remind me of my sold ones. It sure does help when you know they went to good homes.

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are just getting started but I know that time will come for us. Not looking forward to that part.

Latest posts