I really HATE Tucson right now!!

Rebbetzin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I had a City Official come to my house and say they had a "complaint" about my coop, (not any of my neighbors, who LOVE the chickens and the eggs they get). Our city doesn't enforce "codes" about chickens unless they get a complaint.
Well, I not only had to find new homes for my six hens, I had to tear down my coop!! According to City Codes, no stucture for "fowl" can be less than 50 feet from the residence of your neighbors. My lot is only 50' wide!!!
I have been so sad!! Many of you know about my cute little coop I built with my own two hands.
Here area my links on BYC.
http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/glenn-cottage-eggery
http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/coop-construction
Now here is what the area looks like...
Which looks better email.JPG

Which looks better edit 02 email.JPG

I am no longer able to post on BYC, probably because we have Windows XP and few places are still supporting that system. So if anyone would like to share my plight with BYC I would so appreciate it.
Then to top it off our beloved Spartacus
5 21 05 Happy Face 02 email.jpg

was diagnosed with Osteocarcoma in his right back leg the same week I had to get rid of my "girls" To say we are sad is an understatement!

Last edited:

Godsgrl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Time to move, no doubt about it. I'm so sorry

jk47

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yet if you had two bark at everything dogs that ran free around your backyard and got aggressive at people who got to close to your propriety yet if you have chickens
Suddenly someone has a proplem
Yet chickens who are a loud but only certain times of the day not like dogs that are louder and never shut up chickens are small and pretty none threateng I have never seen a chicken maul a child or adult before and but I have seen plenty of people get mauled by the so called friendly
Dog that didn't know what it was doing witch is a lie and about the smell a mean come one with 6hens the coop could be right outside there door and the neighbors shouldn't be able to smell anything other then the nice smell of shavings

jk47

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yet if you had two bark at everything dogs that ran free around your backyard and got aggressive at people who got to close to your propriety yet if you have chickens
Suddenly someone has a proplem
Yet chickens who are a loud but only certain times of the day not like dogs that are louder and never shut up chickens are small and pretty none threateng I have never seen a chicken maul a child or adult before and but I have seen plenty of people get mauled by the so called friendly
Dog that didn't know what it was doing witch is a lie and about the smell a mean come one with 6hens the coop could be right outside there door and the neighbors shouldn't be able to smell anything other then the nice smell of shavings