Immutable Goat Facts

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I'll start the list:

1 - Goats melt. You must never allow goats to be rained upon.
2 - Goats are very curious.
3 - Goats are very clever and can learn to open gates, doors, latches, you name it.
4 - Goat math is a very real thing.
5 - Goats melt. (This one is very important to the goats and bears repeating.)
6 - Only cats are more self-important than goats, and goats are totally worth it. (Of course, as a cat lover I think cats are worth it, too, but goats are totally worth it and that is just a goat fact, not an opinion.)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
10. They will stand off in a corner just long enough to let you see them, go into a panic thinking something is wrong, and when they see you are REALLY stressed they will walk over to the hay feeder with the rest of the goats.

11. They will use you as a tissue- wipe their face on you to dry it, if they sneeze they will wipe that on you too.

12. They will help you with every project and make it take a minimum of 3x as long to finish.

Epona142

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Goats melt do they? ;) ;)

Granted, our goats are practically savages and indulge in all types of wild behavior. Wouldn't really consider our beasts "average" hah. :D

An immutable goat fact here however - they will absolutely attempt to stamp you to death to gain access to the dairy for breakfast!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Epona142 We have a Lamancha doe that LOVES water. I think her mini-kid does too. :rolleyes: She loves to be sprayed down. I think if I had a pond she'd be in it!

Lamanchas are the most like dogs to me out of all the goat breeds.

I will say when we bathe our goats they like it. Sometimes they will start falling asleep when we are sudsing them up. It is so funny.
The baby goats will fall over from the warm bathe. It is always a hoot. Some kids holler but most go with it.

Our Kikos don't care one bit about rain. :rolleyes: