Is this safe? photo included

RosieNPearl

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have these in my orchard by each tree for watering. My doelings are 4-5 weeks old. Will they chew and eat these? They are very hard plastic, 1/8" thick approx. I'll remove them if I need to. I plan on wrapping tree trunks in hardware cloth or something soon but right now they are barely nibbling. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 100

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It looks like the pipes have a pretty sizable width to them...I would be concerned about the goats falling in. might put a wire screen and a couple (sp?) To keep the cut end of the screen from being a scratch hazard.

Chewing won't be a big problem usually, rubbing on though is a possibility.

RosieNPearl

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Oh thank you! I dont worry about them falling in, they are about 5" across if that :) and if they rub thats ok...i tried kicking them to dislodge them and they wouldnt budge lol so they can rub all they want.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
i don't think the plastic pipe will be a problem but if i were you i would wrap those trees post haste. a few nibbles could turn into stripped trees in just one day. goaties love their trees

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with goatgurl, my very young goats have destroyed small trees in minutes when they get in the mood!