Jalapeno Peppers

bloonskiller911

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I cleaned out my garden yesterday. Standing cornstalks, green and pole bean vines, cabbages bases, and jalapenos (I left the tomato vines, I know not to feed them). I threw all of this over in to the sheep/goat pasture. None of the animals were around they were all at the barn, and honestly by yesterday evening I had forgotten what I had even done for the day. So, the family walks down to the pond and through the sheep/goat pasture, looking for bugs, neat leaves, and sticks (I have three little girls, who are all tom-boys!) We see the sheep eating on the refuse from the garden. All of the sudden the buck raises his head and has a horrible look on his face, his ears are laid back, mouth partway open, and you can see him belching. You can guess what he was eating, the goats ate through the jalapenos with no problem, he didn't fair as well!! He actually vomited some of it, which had me worried, but after about 15 minutes he was back to acting normal. Just thought I would share in case anyone else ever runs into this situation.

Last edited:

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh bloonskiller911, to funny. my buck got into my garden a couple of weeks and ate my jalapenos down to the ground. i was so mad at him because i was saving them to dry. wasn't sure whether to let him suffer or feed him ice cream. i let him suffer, he seemed no worse for wear