Just a short little story

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My little Miss Poppit followed a young lady into my friends house(my goats are on this property) the other day and made herself right at home on her chaise lounge. No picture of it :(, sorry they didn't think to grab the camera. They were so amused they forgot to get a picture.

Here is a picture of Miss Poppit helping herself(I was supervising actually) to her share of the sweet feed. animals 001.jpg

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Our little Tripod is convinced, after spending one night in the house, that she is supposed to live in there with us too. She can move fast on three legs and we have to keep carrying her back out. We found her a companion and they are getting along nicely, but that hasn't changed her mind about living in the house. What's a goat mama to do? :idunno

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Our little Tripod is convinced, after spending one night in the house, that she is supposed to live in there with us too. She can move fast on three legs and we have to keep carrying her back out. We found her a companion and they are getting along nicely, but that hasn't changed her mind about living in the house. What's a goat mama to do? :idunno
How did Tripod loose her leg?

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Darn it, somebody needs to tell me how to quote. Sigh.
Anyway, to answer goats&moregoats question about Tripod, she still has her leg. Contrary to my avatar pic, all four are there. Her owner (or former owner since I've already informed him we're keeping her) had her and several other babies inside because it was freezing out. A much bigger baby, named Lumpy, tried to jump up onto the counter and fell, landing on Tripod's back leg. It seems to be broken in the knee (?) joint because she has movement in the hip, although she has very poor muscle tone. She hasn't seemed to be able to stretch it out enough to use it. However, last night, for the first time, she seemed to be putting some weight on it. We may actually have to change her name to Quadpod if she keeps it up!

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
On the bottom right of the post you want to quote, hit the Reply button to quote their message. If you have more posts you want to quote, use the + Quote button.
Too bad about Tripod :( Glad she's doing so well in your care :thumbsup

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
On the bottom right of the post you want to quote, hit the Reply button to quote their message. If you have more posts you want to quote, use the + Quote button.
Too bad about Tripod :( Glad she's doing so well in your care :thumbsup
Well, let's see if I did it right.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Darn it, somebody needs to tell me how to quote. Sigh.
Anyway, to answer goats&moregoats question about Tripod, she still has her leg. Contrary to my avatar pic, all four are there. Her owner (or former owner since I've already informed him we're keeping her) had her and several other babies inside because it was freezing out. A much bigger baby, named Lumpy, tried to jump up onto the counter and fell, landing on Tripod's back leg. It seems to be broken in the knee (?) joint because she has movement in the hip, although she has very poor muscle tone. She hasn't seemed to be able to stretch it out enough to use it. However, last night, for the first time, she seemed to be putting some weight on it. We may actually have to change her name to Quadpod if she keeps it up!

Glad to hear she has all four, lol my bad on jumping to conclusions. Also glad to hear of her improvement.