Let's play guess how many - they're here! puppies

How many puppies do you think she will have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
We are expecting a litter of puppies between November 21st and 26th with our Collie, this was not the planned breeding as she was to be bred to another Collie come spring. We brought her in to get an xray to see how many puppies and if she'd need a c-section as dad was bigger than her and this was the result. Anyone want to take any guesses on how many they can see? The vet said between 5 and 7 but after adding a filter to the X-ray it is a little easier to see bodies and heads.
Stella Puppy Check.jpg

samssimonsays

Reaction score
We are expecting a litter of puppies between November 21st and 26th with our Collie, this was not a planned breeding as she was to be bred to another Collie come spring. We brought her in to get an X-ray to see how many puppies and if she'd need a c-section as dad was bigger than her and this was the result.

Anyone want to take any guesses on how many they can see? The vet said between 5 and 7 but after adding a filter to the X-ray it is a little easier to see bodies and heads.

View attachment 12304

samssimonsays

Reaction score
LOL! I like the way you think @frustratedearthmother !

@BlessedWithGoats I originally thought that as well :D My work took a poll before we went in on how many they thought and I said 6 lol. So I will vote for 6 here even though I am pretty sure there are more... :th

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
well i said eight but after looking at the xray again I'm thinking there may be more than that... so ten maybe, i can tell you she has a belly full of babies for sure

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Looks like 8 to me...

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think your vet was off by a few. I tried counting spines, I am going to go for 10. There are alot of bones in that picture. Years ago we had Dalmatian pups and the vet said 12. So when number 12 came we went to dinner to celebrate and came home to 2 more. Guess mom couldn't count.

Latest posts