Live chatroom

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Hey Nifty, mods and members

What about a live chatroom for golden herd members - I know its possible from another forum I'm involved with, it works well and great fun for members, also useful for emergency help but would recommend strictly GHMembers only - good way to get us regs to sighn up.
Just a thought
Royd

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
That's a good idea, I think it would be helpful if an emergency arises.

DonnaBelle

PS: quit spending my money.......LOL

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
There is a side of me that agrees despite the fact I have seen chat used as a slamfest grounds with our sister site and posts there where way beyond anything family friendly at times. Each one of the forums has a different dynamic and this needs to be taken into account with things like this.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
I'm a bit against it. Every time I have seen one it did more bad than good. It always turns into non-livestock conversations and can be inappropriate, lots of fights, trolling, ect. I'm against it but that's just me.

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
I'm a bit against it. Every time I have seen one it did more bad than good. It always turns into non-livestock conversations and can be inappropriate, lots of fights, trolling, ect. I'm against it but that's just me.
I hear you Straw big advantage is to be in it you would have to be a golden herd member (must do that soon) which would rule out troll low lifers and new members on a mission of self distruct.
I'd have enjoyed a live chat with lots of members on here but in reality a chatroom - prob more trouble than its worth

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Great discussion!

There are some problems inherent with chat rooms (as we found on BYC and then had to remove it). With that said, we know this is a different group and so the staff are discussing it.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
If only GHM could be in it it might not be too bad. Then again there really isn't too many of them and even it there were more due to this how many do you really think will be on at one time?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know lots of people love the chat thing but as a mom whose daughter loved BYC and was always on the site I watched how much it changed with the chat thing (sorry, I'm an oldie- I know I don't have all the right lingo).My daughter is no longer aloud on BYC because of it. Way too much inappropriate conversations, way outside of chicken stuff.
Maybe Royd Wood has a good point about it being GHM only. :)
If you do a chat could there be a way to permanently disable it? I guess I'm just a little worried about our young users.