Male rabbit with swollen, hard testicles + other q's

Sommrluv

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Everybody seems just fine. Not warming up to me as much as I had hoped, but I don't think they were handled much at their own house.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Sommrluv said:
Everybody seems just fine. Not warming up to me as much as I had hoped, but I don't think they were handled much at their own house.
Glad all is well. It does take time for bunnies to warm up to you when the previous owner did not handle them. Keep trying, spend as much time as you can handling them, petting them, or just talking to them. Treats help a lot too! Shame some people just think they are ornaments or look at them with dollar signs in their eyes.

Good Luck! :)

~Wind~

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I try to pretend my rabbits are just ornaments so that when it comes time to send them to freezer camp I wont be so sad. But unfortunatly it never works, most of them end up with names and run to the doors of their cages when I walk by to get pet or held. I dont know how anyone can resist the cuteness of a rabbit.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
~Wind~ said:
I try to pretend my rabbits are just ornaments so that when it comes time to send them to freezer camp I wont be so sad. But unfortunatly it never works, most of them end up with names and run to the doors of their cages when I walk by to get pet or held. I dont know how anyone can resist the cuteness of a rabbit.
That's not what I mean by "ornaments". Someone who has NO contact but just supplies food and water to an animal all for the money or status, etc. Allows someone else to do the complete job but takes full credit for their animal's success. A good breeder is fully involved, hands on, with every detail of that animal. Especially meat breeders. Though you might get attached to those going to "freezer" camp, you still allow that bunny to grow by giving them those pets. A well adjusted animal is better meat wise than a stressed out animal. It's just common sense.

So no I don't look at people who don't fully connect emotionally with animals going to "freezer camp" as "ornament" keepers. I apologize if you took it that way. :)

~Wind~

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh no, I was more just meaning I dont know how anyone could not get attatched even if they dont want to lol.

Latest posts