MDGA vs ADGA for milk testing

beanmcnulty

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
hi all! I am looking into getting started on DHIR, I have Nigis and will be purchasing an MDGA minimancha doeling soon. Now that MDGA recognizes Nigis, I'm thinking it would be best to have all the does on MDGA's program since ADGA doesnt recognize the minis. Wouldn't this save duplicate fees and paperwork? Does anyone know if ADGA would add a milk star earned through MDGA (if Nigis were dual registered)? ach so many things to research! thx:)

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
The best way to find out would be to call ADGA to ask them. Our Nigerians are triple registered and each registry has their own rules policies. Takes some time to get a handle on it all.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I were you....I would find out if ADGA (and AGS) will accept goats for registration that are only registered with MDGA...

As a consumer, I personally will not buy a goat that is only registered with NDGA, as AGS and ADGA won't accept their registrations for re-registration. I wouldn't be interested in a goat that was registered with only MDGA either, if AGS and ADGA don't accept their registrations.

I believe AGS and ADGA are the biggest (most common)registries. I think alot of people may think that registered is registered...but it might not be for the registry you want and it would not be fun down the road to find out that your preferred registry doesn't accept your goats. Registries can be obnoxiously difficult to work with so making sure animals you buy are registered or able to be registered in that particular registry is important.

Please understand that I am not knocking any registration organization. If I wanted, say, a mini nubian... very realistic...(where is the "who me?" smiley????)... then I would probably choose MDGA because I think registries are a good thing, ultimately. And I have a couple goats that I am going to be registering NDGA as well just because they came with that paperwork (they are already AGS and/or ADGA registered though)......

Hope that helps instead of confuses....

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I were you....I would find out if ADGA (and AGS) will accept goats for registration that are only registered with MDGA...

As a consumer, I personally will not buy a goat that is only registered with NDGA, as AGS and ADGA won't accept their registrations for re-registration. I wouldn't be interested in a goat that was registered with only MDGA either, if AGS and ADGA don't accept their registrations.

I believe AGS and ADGA are the biggest (most common)registries. I think alot of people may think that registered is registered...but it might not be for the registry you want and it would not be fun down the road to find out that your preferred registry doesn't accept your goats. Registries can be obnoxiously difficult to work with so making sure animals you buy are registered or able to be registered in that particular registry is important.

Please understand that I am not knocking any registration organization. If I wanted, say, a mini nubian... very realistic...(where is the "who me?" smiley????)... then I would probably choose MDGA because I think registries are a good thing, ultimately. And I have a couple goats that I am going to be registering NDGA as well just because they came with that paperwork (they are already AGS and/or ADGA registered though)......

Hope that helps instead of confuses....

X2.
Stick with ADGA or AGS registration for the Nigies.