My Introduction

Alastrina

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello, Backyard Herds Community!

My welcome email suggested I introduce myself here and it seemed like a good idea. I am nineteen years old. I don't currently own my own farm or animals, but am currently traveling the United States in a combination of seasonal work and work-trade situations to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to build my dream homestead. I thought I could use this site to learn what does and doesn't work for others, and to discuss ideas with knowledgeable farm folk.

I'd love to talk to anyone, so feel free to inbox me anytime!

Peace,

Alastrina

Sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH :frow You will learn here, from our members. Feel free to ask questions and share your experiences with us!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you are living a great adventure! Please share your experiences and feel free to pick the brains at your disposal here on BYH. Welcome!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a better plan than college and a hundred thousand dollars in debt! What an adventure! You will never look back and be sorry you did this. A lot of us are finding our way as well, and exchanging ideas and experiences here. Welcome to the forum, we can't wait to hear more about you!

Alastrina

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
And yes, getting thousands of dollars in debt to learn how to raise animals in a feedlot off of corn and supplements doesn't really appeal to me.

MsDeb

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Brilliant plan! Welcome to BYH, and I bet we'll learn a lot from you too. There is a space here specifically for journals. Please consider starting one for us so we can keep up with your travels and experiences.

Latest posts