New Goats Arriving Today!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very excited! We have one, possibly 2 goats coming today!:weee
Dh and DD left out to get them. It has been a month of talking with the breeders, referrals, waiting on testing results copies, a drive to the farm and FINALLY they will be coming today!

We know we are getting one doe, and I guess they will decide on the other doe once they get there. LOL Betcha they come home with 2.:D
My DD is with DH.;)

I don't need two but there again it is always nice to have 2 while they have to be in quarantine for a month. They just do better with a buddy coming into a new herd.

I don't care so much for their names but not sure if we will change them or not.
Will try to post pics when they get here. Hopefully it won't be dark out.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:) & :(

So they got home late. Already dark! I hate bringing a goat home in the dark. PICS tomorrow I promise! :D

They came home with just the one. We will probably go back and get the other one at a later date.

My DD is prety good and keeps getting better at evaluating. She called while they were there, the 2nd goat was looking pretty pale in the eyelids and had some tapeworm. Tapeworm is no biggy but DD knows PALE eyes! Tapes don't cause pale eyes.I was proud of her as she was very thoughtful... she decided to bring a fecal home first so we could look at the EPG count and type of parasite/s. Her thinking was if the goat has a really high load then the stress of the move would cause an even bigger bloom and that is not good for the goat.
Glad she put her obsession with goats to the side and did the smart thing. ;)
The 2nd goat has a super load!:( Have already contacted the breeder.
The load was high enough that she should be hit with Safeguard first for 3 days then the Ivermec Plus. Do not want the goat to bleed internally. We may not get the second goat- we will see.
The dam of the goat we brought home has the best parasite resistance of their whole herd. Her eyes are good but we will do a fecal tomorrow am to see load. Too late and dark right now.

Breeder is really upset. She is a really neat person and takes such good care of her animals it was a shocker for her.

BTW- They are LAMANCHAS! :weee:weee

I guess I should have said that in my original post. :p

Maybe I could hold you all over by showing a pic of our pretty Nubian! :D

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well maybe, just maybe you could have held us off with the picture of your pretty Nubian, but not now.

Pictures, dag nabit! Pretty please and thank you. Some of us who raise Nigerians have a very soft spot in our hearts for Lamanchas... especially with elf ears.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL I finally got pics this am- BUT she was not very cooperative! :rolleyes:
She is a sweetheart but wants to walk right over and give a kiss!
I need to resize the photos before I can put them up.

No elf ears on her she is not a mini.
I too like the 1st and 2nd gen mini mancha elf ears...so cute
What is a hoot is the 1st gen Mini Nubian :lol: Totally straight out! Airplane ears!

Ok so here is our new Lamancha doeling 7 months old
SAM_3363.JPG

SAM_3367.JPG

SAM_3369.JPG

And "Ruby" who is the most loving adorable dog ever. Oops I meant GOAT! She walks at a heal like a dog! Get this- she doesn't make a sound! :D
SAM_3191.JPG

SAM_3193.JPG

SAM_3307.JPG

Ruby needs more work on her feet- they were kinda overgrown and she had foot mites when we got her. Taking a little off at a time. She is a love. Never thought I would have a goat with LONG ears. :lol: She actually belongs to my littlest D. Ruby ALWAYS gives a kiss. She loves bear hugs and rubs on her face. She will watch me wherever I go on the farm as if she wants to just walk around with me. I think she just might do that, seriously she walks at heal like a dog!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks we are very blessed.:)

The Lamancha is out of lil orchard and lucky star and the Nubian is out of In the reds and J-nels.

They have good pedigrees and excellent milk lines. Since we are doing mini's we wanted them to be really solid milkers.