Angel Update

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We're moving to a larger space, and had been looking to get a new pup. Word got around we were looking in our breeding organization and we were contacted last week by the Harrell's at NC Promised Land Farm in Kinston, NC. about a pup they had. They have been calling her "Angel". Not sure I like that name too much myself. She is sweet, but more in a "Trouble" sort of way.

GP 1.jpg

GP 2.jpg

GP 3.jpg

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Angel is doing great. Her training is coming along nicely. And, her and Mikey have become great friends. :love

Angel 1.jpg

Angel 2.jpg

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Very Pretty Lady. Looking for a LGD myself. I am in Vermont. Not having any luck. Know any breeders closer to this area?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Angel is doing really well. We didn't like the name Angel, but never got around to changing it, so I guess that's what it's going to be.:)

Never trained an LGD before, Mikey was mature when we got him. But, she seems very smart and receptive to training.

She doesn't bother the goats at all. Zamia one of my dominant does rolled her a couple of times and she got the message very quickly that she's the boss. Every time I let her in now, she walks over and gives Zamia a lick and a nuzzle, and Zamia lets her now.

I've got a couple of very old chickens, and you have to watch her close with them. She will ignore them and then all of a sudden give them a chase.

But, she is spending as long as 8 hours at a time in with the does, yearlings and chickens with supervision. Mind you not constant supervision, we can go about doing other things too.

I need to get a new picture, she is getting really large.

She's 6 mos old now and almost as large as Mikey the BC/GP mix who is over 3years old.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
They stay puppies for an entirely too short of a time. Our Aussie just turned 6 months old and at 45 lbs looks like a mature one.