Newgirl97- Lambing Thread 2014: A light in the dark

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I wasn't going to make a thread this year because I'm going to be one for ten days of lambing season (with my luck, all of the lambs will be born this time :( ) due to me going on a missions trip and us not realizing the timing when we put the rams with the ewes.

Anyways, I've decided to start my thread anyways and I'll just update it when i get back. I'm starting now (we don't officially begin until the 26th) because we have four or five ewes who look very close to going and will most likely go early.

All of our sheep are Canadian Arcotts :)

Our ewes:

Second time moms, bred to Ramsley:

Name: Lamb count last year.
Snow: twins
Cinder: Single
Aurora: single
Daisy: Triplets
Jazz: twins
Alice: twins
Lady: twins
Gem: twins
Sheep-Dip: twins
Nala: twins
Minne: Twins. Unfortunatley, this year Minnie had twin lambs too early and they were both born dead. She kept ramming the other moms, so we seperated her with the rams (risking an out of season pregnancy) to ensure that she wont harm any babies. Poor girl keeps crying for the other ewes.

First time moms, bred to Ace:

Name: mom
Patty(the fatty): Cinder
Salt: Daisy
Pepper: Daisy
Scout: Jazz
Pout: Jazz
Princess: Gem
Kiara: Nala

Thats all i have for now! This year we are building eight lambing jugs. Last year we had two for our eleven lambs, but they all kept going at the same time, so we had a bunch of makeshift ones all over the place... so this year we are hoping eight will cut it.

I'm really hoping the sheep have lambs until the 27th (the day before i leave) and then stop until the sixth (the day i come back)

If only!

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
First day of lambing season amd we've got twins!!

Lady blessed us around 11 today with adorable ewe/ram twins. She even chose to go inside to have them!! Good mama! :weee
The ewe seems very playful, skipping all around the jug while ram likes to eat and sleep!

Pictures on the way!

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ewe!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 137

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ram!

Sorry the pictures are sideways! Im on mobile and photobucket is being poo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 138

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@tiana29 thanks!!!

Gem had twin rams today! Pictures to follow

Parsnip

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So exciting!!!!!
Congrats on the cute healthy little ones! :love

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Im back from my trip, 18 some lambs, ill work out the stats later but i got home and assisted a birth. Patty was struggling and his leg was weirdly positioned so i had to pull him and HOLY COW THIS LAMB IS HUGE. WE WEIGHED HIM AND HES 14 lbs HE ALREADY HAS TO BE ON HIS KNEES TO EAT

newgirl97

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
When he was first out i put him by her face to lick off because she was too weak to stand, and he was too weak to walk. He laid on his side calling for her and she cleaned and called for him, and at this exact moment the radio played, cant help falling in love with you by Elvis

It was such a sweet sweet moment

Latest posts