1. Official BYH Caption Contest #3 - October 2014 - Pic by HoneyDreamMomma
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

2. BYH Featured Thread: Thinking about microdairy
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

3. BYH Picture Contest - Fall 2014
    CLICK HERE!

4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

5. Caption Contest Submissions - Pictures Needed
    Click HERE!

Puffy vs. Long Vulva

Discussion in 'Breeds & Breeding - Goats' started by AdoptAPitBull, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    AdoptAPitBull

AdoptAPitBull Ridin' The Range

I've never had a bred yearling before, and I suspect that "Large Marge" is pregnant. I'm finding it hard to tell, though. She's always been a big girl, and we've nicknamed her "Blumpkin" because we think she looks like a mix of a blimp and a pumpkin. Anyway, before she was bred she had the typical puffy vulva. Looked the same as it did when she was born, just larger. Now it appears to be changing into the long teardrop vulva that the older does have. Is this indicative of pregnancy or just aging? She'll be 1 on March 8. She was bred in Nov, which will make her over a year when she freshens.

Also, she did not come back into heat at all in Dec or January. I'm hoping this is because she is bred, and not because she was just done cycling for the year.

Opinions?
  2. Feb 6, 2012
    20kidsonhill

20kidsonhill True BYH Addict

At a year old, and never given birth before, her vulva wouldn't be showing any signs of aging, So could be she is pregnant.
  3. Feb 6, 2012
    Queen Mum

Queen Mum N.E.R.D.

Post pics side, top, udder area and vulva. That will help us give you a better idea of whether she might be pregnant. Besides, we love goat pics, even if they are pictures of bottoms and udders.