Quick Milker

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I just saw those online today when I was doing a search. Pretty pricey, but they look like they might work well. We have a hand pump milker that was much cheaper on Ebay, for use when we're just milking one doe (I have carpal tunnel syndrome). For more than one doe, we have an old Surge milking machine that works great.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I dunno if I would want to have to clean all that tube network.
But the concept is good

Dan-Vir

Just born
Reaction score
Looks like it has a constant pressure on the animal. Seems it might put to much stress on the tissue without some on / off of that pressure. With the suction of the milk, you also have the suction of the blood supply in that tissue. Might work but can't think it is good for the animal.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We use an udderly ez. Much simpler, easy to clean.

As far as the constant pressure issue, it's been debated on here many times.

I think it depends on how intensely you are milking.

goattender

Just born
Reaction score
This milker is very slow. It takes approximately twice as long to milk with this as it does by hand and it only draws off about half the milk so that you end up having to finish up by hand anyway. Also, the company will not refund your money if you are not satisfied. Ask me how I know. They originally had it listed on Craigslist with a money back guarantee but they have since removed that line and when I tried to get a refund their response was "LOL". Knowing that I wouldn't do business with this company even if the product was worth it.

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just got one. I like hand milking, but my father has a hard time with it. So it is mostly for his use if I cannot milk the girls (work). It works, but I am not thrilled with it. It is very slow. I can get almost all the milk off an udder with it (without oversuctioning), except for the last weak squirts. BUT I have to do it ONE TEAT AT A TIME. Yep! I cannot, for the life of me, get it to stay stuck on if I do both teats at the same time. Not because she tries to kick them off, but just how the tubing is, very stiff. Trying to do two at a time seems to angle the teat cups a bit, and that breaks suction. It cleans up quite easily, despite the tubing.

And the cost is quite high for the materials that the milker is made of. The jars are mason jars. The tubing is normal tubing. The teat cups are SYRINGES with a brass fitting in the end to widen the end. I could easily make a set of replacement teat cups and tubing with no issues. The foot pump is great quality, very sturdy, at least. But worth $300? Yea no.

The customer service I experienced though is quite good. You see, despite ordering a small set of teat cups, I was sent cow sized cups by mistake. A few quick emails, and replacements were on the way. Communication was very good, prompt, and courteous. I boxed up the huge ones when I got my replacements (in the same box) and sent them on their way.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience, if you want a small suction milker, the Udderly EZ works very well. It is not slow. I've seen this one, the Henry milker, the udderly ez is best.

There is a video online of a lady milking a goat, who I swear has teats everywhere. Got to have 4 :)

And she either has the nicest milking parlor you have ever seen, or she is milking that goat in her living room. I think she is milking the goat in her living room :lol: