Rabbit ID help please?

hollymh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I got two rabbits from a lady who couldn't care for them any longer I have an idea of what I think they could be but I would love some input from the real pros :) tia!

bun.jpg
buns.JPG

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can't help with the id, but they look nice. The first one looks like it has some Dutch in it... broken Dutch? The second one sure is pretty. Is the fur ticked or colored all the way down?

hollymh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
All the way down, I have two of those I will post the photo of the male, he looks to be chinchilla at least in color and stature. ETA: It actually ended up being four rabbits, she begged me to take them and like I could say no :)

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
The rabbits are very lucky to have found you. I too would have taken all four, in a heart beat. Good luck with your new buns.

JakeM

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am going with you have 4 mixed rabbits. The only breeds that come in such a variety are small, like 2-4 pounds small. I see a bit of Flemish Giant in the Chinchilla. The first two pictures look a bit like standard rex, but with normal fur. I'll post a pic of my rex mix and you can compare them.