Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
so we have been kicking around the idea of adding a couple of goats to our mix of critters we currently raise. Since winter came faster than we were hoping for, we decided to hold off, research more over winter and look at this idea come spring. Great plan right ;) Well that all changed this afternoon......in about 2 hours we will be adding.......

IMG_20141024_064322.jpg

this cutie, she is a Nigerian dwarf about 1 month old. I'm guessing that our adventure is just starting!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
she is so cute!!! congratulations and i echo what everyone else says. she is gonna need a little girl friend

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep she came with instructions just like my kids did, but my youngest is 9 years old now ;)

she is hanging out with the rabbits- in her own area, seems to be settling in nicely. Hoping the rabbits teach her to eat hay. That's what I have 3 kids for :D and Thanksgiving break starts at 11:30 am tomorrow :woot

DD wants to name her Melanie...will see how it fits :idunno, it took DS(9) 3 names before finally choosing his rabbit's name- Jack Frost(our avatar picture).

okay so we have an Aussie that we need to introduce to her....suggestions welcome

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
first I'm guessing the aussie is friendly but a litte hyper so have the aussie on a leash, and just let them sniff. baby goatie won't know to be afraid so she will be fine. aussie may be excited but should be ok too.

Latest posts