recipes please? also some questions.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
2:51 in the afternoon and youall have made me hungry enough to go bunny huntin'. i have been mulling over getting bunnies for some time and these recipes have about put me over the edge. i think some one needs to invite us all for supper,lol

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh no kiddo, its gonna be a long trip. i live on the western edge of Arkansas, about a mile from Oklahoma.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
As a hunter and never having raised and eaten "pet" rabbit, I would have to guess that the wild one are/would/could be a little "stringyer/gamier" than a raised one. They don't lead quite so easy a life (for the most part), nor get the best most nourishing foods... Can anyone who has done both verify?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
As a hunter and never having raised and eaten "pet" rabbit, I would have to guess that the wild one are/would/could be a little "stringyer/gamier" than a raised one. They don't lead quite so easy a life (for the most part), nor get the best most nourishing foods... Can anyone who has done both verify?
Wild rabbit is dark meat and ......well......it is "wild". Like Squirrel meat, if you ever had that. Domestic rabbit is ALL white meat. You can use it in any recipe you would use chicken in. I have made rabbit pan sausage, cassaroles, stews and chili.

Latest posts