Southern's 2015 Kidding -Mini's off to new home

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
First up is Katie- due Jan 4th day 145/ Jan 9th day 150

She never gets her udder til AFTER she kids! :rolleyes: Well she does but it never goes boom til after.
What's your guess?
I say trips, I need all does!

Here she is walking through our beautiful pasture of MUD! :(

SAM_4380.JPG

See, no "real" udder yet
SAM_4382.JPG

Eating like a piggy today... never left the hay feeder
SAM_4388.JPG

Next is Trouble- She is a mini-mancha these will be f-2 mini's
Due Jan 6th for day 145 Jan 11th for day 150 But she was rebred and day 150 could be the 17th or 12th for 145.
Hoping twins but won't be surprised if she has a single
What is your guess?
SAM_4375.JPG

She does not want anyone looking at her, her behind, her face, or near her LOL
SAM_4377.JPG

Irritated I am taking pics... snot ran away.:rolleyes:
SAM_4378.JPG

Last edited:

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Katie, twins, bucklings
Trouble - twins, doelings

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grr! I hit post by accident! Thanks for linking your thread! So excited for you!! Hope all goes smoothely and that im wrong about twin bucks!!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grr! I hit post by accident! Thanks for linking your thread! So excited for you!! Hope all goes smoothely and that im wrong about twin bucks!!
Oh I hope you are wrong too!
Katie had trips first time, single second time she MUST have at least 2 or she is outta here! LOL and she is my favorite ND. I love her milk!

I am hoping Trouble has does but truthfully the Mini bucks fly out the door. :hu

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bucks are hard to come by especially nice ones and that are actually MINI. There are a lot of homesteaders here that are doing mini's and they don't really care about whether they are or aren't MDGA registered. We had some that are and some that aren't. So far hasn't made a difference.

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
I understand. One thing ive noticed woth goats, nigerians especially, is they look like mini goats. Here, they are fat, pudgy, stubby legged grey things with risiculously upright horns.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL- I like the "OLD" Nigerians- they were rounder and cobbier but I think along the way Nigie breeders wanted to "distance" themselves from Pygmy's. God forbid someone mistake a Nigie for a pygmy! Pygmy's are great little goats but they cannot give milk like a dwarf. If a Nigie breeder has a goat that looks "grey, Blue or Roan... it is mortifying! :lol: Considered "undesirable" as it is a pygmy color.
I like breeding the Mini manchas, mini nubians and mini alpines because I like the smaller goat and I like the fact they give more milk than a Nigie, closer to a standard goat without the 150 lbs! LOL

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol, and here i love the big goats you could damn near saddle! I love my two ober girls, but i look at them and frown a little at their smallness lol

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I get what you're saying about Nigi's and color, Southern! I raised pygmies for the show ring for a whole bunch of years...and OMG...heaven forbid that one is born with some white where it ain't supposed to be! I've ventured away from the pygmies a bit, but they are my first goat love, and will always have a place in my heart and on my farm. BUT - now I am in looooove with color so I'm committing pygmy heresy and breeding pygmies without a worry in the world about a mis-mark, lol! Won't be able to register those, but they sure are cute!

Having said that - I still try to educate some folks on what is a true pygmy. Today on Craigslist I saw someone wanting to trade a nice enough Nigerian buck for a "blue-eyed, tri-colored pygmy"! Ain't no such thing! o_O