Southern's (Southern By Choice) Journal- FLOODED!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well... at one time I had a journal but wasn't able to keep up with it. Thought I'd do another but a little different this time. :)

This way I can pop in and say what's going on and condense some of the threads I start but then forget about.... and then cannot find them. ;)
This time if I start a thread I will post it here so I can find it again. :D
These are things that happen when you are old. :lol:

So here is a "trailor"... barns, pups, turkeys, power tools, fencing, grooming, goat antics, milking, udders, hooves, chickens, cheese.... sound interesting yet? :p

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably not many pictures tonight. It is late!

Barn- We slapped up a temporary building in the fall and rushed as we had to have it done for kidding for the 1st of the year. With a possible move we kept it just to what we needed at the time as we still had our other building with all the kidding stalls and pens.
Winter-
Temporary Building- Front (unfinished)
Temporary Barn-Front with loafing area.JPG

Back
Temporary Barn-Back with loafing area.JPG

Loafing area from inside
Temporary Barn- loafing area.JPG

Now we are working on Phase 2- the other half. So the front walk is coming down and eventually all the siding will be taken off and put back up with tweaking the shutters and planks.
Of course not easy to do with goats in the mix! :rolleyes:

Building with goats!.JPG

Setting the roof panels up .
Phase 2.JPG

Building with Goats!
Building with goats! Star.JPG

Building with goats!.JPG

Impossible to build with goats around! They steal the screws, tangle themselves, try and climb ladders,stand on your boards, pull your plumb lines out, and really are like ill mannered 2 year olds! :D That is why we love them! :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank You.

It has been hot! So not much getting done. I did sit in there the other day for an hour trying to figure out where I will put my milkroom once Phase 3 goes up. Kinda need to figure that out now because once Phase 3 goes up I will completely wall off a section and make it a real room with real walls and a ceiling and window etc. Real door too. :D Never could decide and as hot as it was I fugured that was enough "work" on the barn for one day. :p

Here is our newest doe, and our last addition for does. I was considering one more but am having a difficult time finding those that test for more than CAE. :\

This is Mariah-
http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail.aspx?RegNumber=L001691161

Look at that sweet face! The beard is going! :eek:
Wingin' it Farms Newest Addition Candlelight JRMY Mariah (2).JPG

Wingin' it Farms Newest Addition Candlelight JRMY Mariah (3).JPG

She is a big girl at 142#
Wingin' it Farms Newest Addition Candlelight JRMY Mariah (4).JPG

She has her own quarantine area and suite. LOL
Wingin' it Farms Newest Addition Candlelight JRMY Mariah.JPG

These are terrible shots... She is a bit lopsided as she had a single.
Her teats are on the smaller side but she has also always been machine milked, now that we are hand milking I think we will see some improvement as well as no kids on her so she is getting a better fill. Her dam recently had her milk test- she gave over 16#
Mariah is 2 years old 2nd Freshener. Not sure how many pounds of milk she is giving but I do know it is just over a gallon... next week we will see how she does. She is having a tooth problem. She is adjusting great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wingin' it Farms Candlelight Jrmy Mariah 2nd F udder (2).JPG
Wingin' it Farms Candlelight Jrmy Mariah 2nd F udder.JPG