DSCF0110.JPG
DSCF0112.JPG
DSCF0123.JPG
DSCF0124.JPG
DSCF0167.JPG

BettyBay

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you so much FEM. My daughter and of course, my granddaughter. I'm so new, I couldn't figure out how to write and post at the same time.
I love animals and I'm blessed to be able to have some. Daughters and granddaughters are wonderful too. Growing older isn't all bad. Sometimes it's not for sissys, but so far so good.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm with you on wonderful kids and grandkids...and even on the growing older part, lol.

Oh - and welcome from a fellow Texan. South of wet and humid H-town here.

Sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I love the pics! Especially the Appaloosa, I always had a thing for them :) Thank you for sharing.

BettyBay

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
FEMother, is that a lamb in your Avatar picture, how do they do in the hot weather?

Sumi that App is half Arab. He's 6 now and almost completely white. I'll have to get a grown up picture soon. By the way have I seen you on the crazy chicken man thread?
2008_0512BabyHorsey0053.JPG 2008_0512BabyHorsey0019.JPG
Hi one fine acre, I've shown Jacob sheep two or three times, but not goats. Read a book once about a famous poet in this country that raised milk goats. Can't remember his name.
My son raised rabbits.

Honey Dreame What are LGDs, I had an indoor rabbit as a pet ages ago. He would thump and use a litter box. He fell into the toilet once.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a young pygmy goat, and they tolerate the heat pretty well. They lay around in the middle of the day and do most of their browsing in the mornings and evenings. I have them, Nubians, and kinder's which are a Pygmy/Nubian cross.

Oh - a LGD is a Livestock Guardian Dog.

And to think, I raised Apps for awhile and try as I might I never got one colored that loud - and you got one from an Arab/App cross. And, he's got every characteristic an app should have; color, mottled skin, white sclera and striped hooves. I'd love to see a pic of him all grown up!