The indignities they suffer... LOL

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor Badger... look at his face. He was not enjoying trying to be picked up but he let my DD because he loves us. Look at that big love.
I think he was thinking "this is so embarrassing, glad no one can see me"... little does he know! :lol:
Shhh we won't tell him. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. ;)
I think the puppy is thinking... SUCKER!:p Who's the baby nowwwww?
Wingin' it Farms LGD- Badger.JPG

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
138.JPG

"Why do you make me sit here with the goats?" "'Cause that's your job, 'Padre." :) <3 this dog! Not fully trained yet, but he's getting there! :)

mikiz

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
^ What is this beautiful fluffy white bear of a dog's breed? Padre looks identical to the big fluffy Old English Sheepdog teddy I had as a kid!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Padre is adorable! I will say I have never seen a Pyr/Toli cross with this kind of coat. Very interesting. Neither breed has a hairy face, but smooth. Almost reminds me of a Komondorok cross.
He has an absolutely smoochable face.:love
Looks like a big cuddle bug!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Amazing how those huge guardian dogs can be so gentle and loving with family and their charges, but so vicious towards predators. Do you have a lot of trouble with burrs in their coatsZ? Our Pyrs used to get burrs so bad and occasionally fleas that we started shaving them in the summer. So did our Aussie. All of them had what I call working coats. They weren't as fuzzy as some Pyrs, but still lots of hair, double coats and 6 or 7 toes. The Aussie also had a working coat instead of a show coat. It was the only way to be able to use a flea treatment and keep them burr free during the summer. They would hide for 2 days afterwards. Obviously embarrassed by their nakedness!

Southern did you still want rabbit recipes? My children's favorites are rabbit and dumplings and teriyaki rabbit. My children grew up on rabbit, goat milk and everything else we raised. I also have a great jerky recipe from 25 years ago given to me by a goat breeder. Let me know.