Welcoming home Goats

should I keep the names or find one that fits better?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Yesterday we brought home Olaf the Alpine Wether and Thelma the Snubian doeling. I wasn't expecting them until the end of the month but for some reason I guess it was always planned for the beginning of it :idunno Anyways, I installed the gate, fencing on the gate and built a shelter (not the shelter I wanted but it'll do great until we build the one I wanted) all Friday and Sunday and brought the boogers home Sunday afternoon. :celebrate I DID IT!!!! We finally have goats!!!! :weee

Y'all meet Thelma and Olaf (names may change I just don't think they fit them anymore and they came with them).

I should add that they are entirely in love with us already as we are them as well, they do not share the same love for the dogs however... and they already are settling in nicely. :D :woot

15 - 1 (9).jpg 15 - 2 (6).jpg 15 - 3 (7).jpg 15 - 5 (1).jpg 15 - 6 (1).jpg 15 - 7 (2).jpg

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats Samantha!! You must be so excited!! :weee :weee
If you personally don't think their current names fit, I would encourage you to change them! :) You're the one who will be interacting with them every day, so it's what you prefer that counts! :)

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Thank ya! I am oober excited!!! My husband has kind of been on the outs of this whole goat "thing" and isn't sure where he stands on them so maybe I will have him help name them :hide this one should be interesting.... I did find him rubbing down Olaf though and they follow him EVERYWHERE :gigI have a feeling they will make him love them when all is said and done. Or just really make him hate them :smack We shall see! :fl

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought a Nubian doeling a couple years ago who had a milk goiter. I asked the breeder about it and she assured me it wasn't harmful at all. She promised that it would go away when I took the doeling home and she was weaned. My breeder was correct. There was never a problem and the doeling has now grown up and produced a doeling of her own. Just noticed the other day that her baby has a milk goiter too. This baby is strong, fat, healthy and beautiful in every way. I'm not going to worry about it.

Here is what Fiasco farm has to say about it:

https://fiascofarm.com/goats/milk_neck.htm