Well, that didn't last very long...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH tossed some frozen meat into a pan, thought it was chicken.
Turns out it was rabbit! He took one bite, made a face and then I gobbled it all up! (tasted like chicken this time instead of rabbit, weird.) He got nothing for dinner! Way too picky! And I still don't understand what about rabbit he doesn't like! He'll eat deer and boar, duck and chicken, but rabbit is no good...

Anyway...then today, a guy stops by for the rabbit cages I have up for sale. Ends up leaving with half the cages, he'll be back tomorrow or Sunday evening with a trio of meat rabbits. Then pick up the rest of the cages. I'm keeping one 3-hole stacker for the breeders. Only the one stacker!! All kits will be delicious dinner, no keeping any nor getting more!!

Then he started mentioning if I wanted a few more....(no, no, no)...Not sure if it'll be just the three we agreed for the trade or if he'll surprise me with a couple extra! =0
If he does bring an extra doe or two, I'll have to split the 3-hole and figure out which does are the best mothers and eat the rest.

As you can tell, I really like eating rabbit! Rabbits are a massive pain, but so yummy! I was about to make a deal for some growers instead, but ended up saying 'breeding trio' instead of 'growers'....dang-it!!!

He has New Zealands of all colors, Am Blues, Holland Lops and some others. He said he had over 5 thousand rabbits at one point, bred over 40 breeds of rabbits and most of their variations!!! He has two giant rabbits, one that is near 30# that he takes to the store on a leash that he calls 'bear'. =0

Sometimes you meet very scary people, other times, you meet very interesting people with very interesting stories!

Also considering getting a couple AGH or PB piglets to grow out for dinner as well.

Quitting certain animals has totally failed, again...I am not happy...Don't want the work nor the bill... Still need to sell the last 6 guinea pigs as well. Ugh!

I think I need some kind of farmers AA meeting....lol

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's one guy selling $75 piglets that will get to 250# and up, if I get any of those, they will have to be butchered!
Then someone else has PBs that are 20-30# as adults....might keep one as a pet or just get two as a breeding pair. Or even mix with a larger PB pig. No idea yet....Going to have to use the horse's round pen to contain them, though...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Decided not to buy any pigs, at least not until spring. Last night, it got down to 50F!!!! Last week it was 92! Reminded me of how awful winter is and that I was not going to do it again for some dinner pigs.
3-stacker is outside by a tree, wrapping it all up, I won't be putting it into the shed, won't even fit. I might be able to get some cattle panels and if I do, I'll use one to make a mini hoop house for it for extra insulation.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't know why I keep thinking that people are good and honest. Total crap. Got screwed over again. He never showed.
I hate people...

Latest posts