What animal could this be???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigoat&pbrlover

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
11:30pm I heard this horrific sound and I mean horrific sound. It sounded like a high pitch scream and it was very eerie. Last year my mom heard it and could not really explain what it sounded like other than a very eerie high pitch scream. No it is not a bird or an owl.
Its the kind of sound that raises the hair on the back of your neck. Were Kinda in the Piedmont area NC

What do think it is?????????????

:hide :hide

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Trigoat&pbrlover said:
11:30pm I heard this horrific sound and I mean horrific sound. It sounded like a high pitch scream and it was very eerie. Last year my mom heard it and could not really explain what it sounded like other than a very eerie high pitch scream. No it is not a bird or an owl.
Its the kind of sound that raises the hair on the back of your neck. Were Kinda in the Piedmont area NC

What do think it is?????????????

:hide :hide
could be a fox or a coyote, they scream. i think porcupines scream bad when there in heat.

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A rabbit will also scream when a predator grabs it. Scared the he77 out of me the first time I heard it.

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have fisher-cat up in this area. They seriously sound like someone being brutalized. It is very creepy if you don't know what it is. I am not sure if fisher-cat are in your area or not. (p.s. they are not cats at all)

You can google different animal sounds by name of animal and maybe get a good idea. I did that with a noise I was sure was a fox one time, but had to double check just to make sure.

Trigoat&pbrlover

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well its not a fox, the scream was longer than a fox scream and its not a coyote, i hear them all the time. I'm about to google porcupine sounds now but i don't think thats it

btw i'n in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.