Yes......I like being a showoff :-)

Farmin' Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ok, so I figured it is about time I introduced you to everyone on my mini farm. :)

*sorry if all of the photos come up sideways, they are from my phone and I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to turn them.

image.jpg

This is Milly, an American Blue born May 8, and incredibly stubborn but immensely adorable.

image.jpg

This is Bella, an American Blue born December 2012, I bred her this past weekend, so I am hoping everything works out as planned. It has cooled down tremendously in our area.

image.jpg

This is Dixie, an American Blue born December 2013. I also bred her the same day as Bella, so I am hoping the same for her. This will be her first litter if she does kindle.

image.jpg
This is Ranger, he is my only American Blue Buck right now, and I'm not exactly sure when he was born, but I do know he is at least 3 years old and a big sweetheart. I am purchasing another buck soon for backup, in-case something happens to Ranger.

image.jpg

This is Candy, my newest addition and my personal favorite. She is a 4 month old Black Velvet Rex, but in the sun she looks a little bit brown. I will be purchasing a buck to breed her with in a few months.

image.jpg

This is Phantom, my brother's New Zealand. I'm not sure how old he is but he is a sweetie as well.

image.jpg

This is Midnight, my brother's American Black. She was born March/April of this year, and my brother wouldn't sell or trade her for anything. They are best buds.

image.jpg

And last but not least, this is Kodiak (Kodi for short) the family dog ( but more so my dog) the sweetest, most spunky, playful little dog you could EVER meet. He loves everyone he meets and everyone who meets him loves him in return. As far as we can tell he is a Jack Russell/Finnish Spitz/Norwegian Lundehund mix, and no, I CANNOT pronounce all that without getting tongue-tied. :D =D

That is all we have for right now. We did have 15+ chickens, but my brother sold them all on the reason that our house was "supposably" going to sell, but the buyer backed out and my brother sold his chickens for no good reason. So we will be expanding our rabbitry as soon as possible. :thumbsup

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those are some nice looking animals, Farmin' Girl, so we'll allow a little boasting.

You might want to check Phantom's left ear for mites... just the way he is holding it makes me suspicious... then again he could be trying to be rakish and handsome.

I sure wish it would cool down here as it would be nice to get my rabbits doing something besides looking hot.

Farmin' Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I definitely will check out his ear. We usually check them all for mites about every other week. I had a really bad case of them when I first got Bella, the poor thing looked awful, she looked like she didn't have a friend in the world to care for her. As far as Phantom goes though, I think his ear has been like that since birth. But I thank you for your advice, it is always welcome around here :thumbsup

Farmin' Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments! They are greatly appreciated. :)

Dixie did give birth to 4 fat healthy babies, 2 boys and 2 girls, and they all survived. Bella, on the other hand, had a false breed/pregnancy, so after a rebreed she gave birth 3 weeks later to 8 babies, of which only 5 of them survived (I don't know their gender yet). My brother bred Midnight for the first time too around the same time as Bella's rebreed. But she was 10 days late to kindle and she gave birth to 9 still-born, eating the bodies and leaving the heads all over the cage (sometimes rabbits sound like such nasty creatures in a sense, but it's in there nature I guess). So that brings you up to date on our little herd ;)

Becca'sBunnyBarn

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
do you buy only pedigreed rabbits Farmin' Girl? I do. When i started buying my first rabbits i bought pedigreed ones and have ever since.

Farmin' Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes, I try to buy only pedigreed rabbits, but Candy is the only one I have that isn't pedigreed, although she is purebred (I absolutely could NOT resist buying the little sweety, hence the name "Candy") I do also pedigree the baby Blues I sell.