1 1/2 wk. old calf eating hay???

mjdtexan

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
babyboy1_mom said:
Well, I went out and got some calf starter for BarBQ. I had to put some in his mouth, about 3 times, and then it was on...lol He was loving it, but out of my hand only. I had only put a little bit into a bowl and he did try to get some out of it, but he couldn't, so he went back to lipping my hand...lol
ha ha, you named him BarBQ? Thats funny right there. I guess he is a freezer cow.

<-----still laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
BBQ, T-bone, Dinner, Supper, etc. are not uncommon names for one heading to the freezer and eventually the table.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
the names get people used to raising an eating animales that they raise.like pig names pork chop bacon ham.

babyboy1_mom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
mjdtexan - I am glad that you got a good laugh out of his name. Our last one was named T-Bone and he sure is delicious....lol

I have been trying to prepare my little boy for that reality, when it comes. He wanted to know why I wanted another calf. I told him so that we could grow him up, big and strong and then we were going to take him to the slaughter house and have him butchered and eat him.

He wanted to know what a slaughter house was, so I told him. He then siad that when BarBQ gets big, then we are going to take him to "that house" and have him butchered and then eat him....lol I don't think he has grasped the concept yet though.

My DH was making burgers the other day and my son told his dad that burgers were beef and beef comes from cows. DH told him, yes it does. DS then tells DH that he thinks that that ground meat came from T-Bone, before he went off and got married....LOL My sister told my DS that our other cow had gone off and gotten married and that is why he is no longer at her house.

Kids are great, aren't they????? LOL

Latest posts