1 kit alone

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oit of 9 only 1 survived. I'm not sure its staying warm enough. Should I bring it inside at night?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, unless you have another doe with a litter around the same age that you can put this baby in.
One baby will almost never survive on its own. You need more than one to keep the nest warm enough.
Are you going to bottle-feed it? If the doe will still take care of it, you can take the nesting box inside and only bring it out once or twice a day to the doe for nursing :)

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I read that the does only nurse when its dark out. Today I started holding her in my lap upside down and putting the kit on her to nurse. Not 100 percent sure if it's working but the kit does feel a little chilled.

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Should i heat up a waterbottle in the microwave and trow it in the nest box? How hot should i make it?

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Do i just microwave a bottled water and toss it in the box? How hot do i make it?

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So if i do this before i go to work it will be good for the day and then maybe reheat before i go to bed?

Stephine

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So if i do this before i go to work it will be good for the day and then maybe reheat before i go to bed?
No, it won’t last all day, you’ll have to refill it every few hours. Just using hot water from the sink is fine, no need for microwaving the whole thing.

Gary

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If i bring the kit out to the mother around 5 or 6 when i get home, what time should i bring the kit back in the house to keep it warm?

Latest posts