1 piggy, 2 piggy, 3 piggy...4??...6! No, wait, 7!!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tilly, Milly & Trixie all passed.
I was monitoring Trixie, as she was old & it showed, so I was up there often to check in.
Lost Tilly on april 29th, fed/watered in AM like usual, came back an hour later for paperwork & she was gone.
Then May 1st, Milly was gone in the AM.
Maybe a genetic issue that hits young store pigs, FB is full of posts about 6mo-15mo store pigs randomly passing. I sent out Milly's body for necropsy, but they found nothing of interest.
Then Trixie died on May 4th.

Fast forward to a weekend in late September and someone had 2 girl pigs for free. One had severe respiratory illness and passed before Monday morning came around. The other sister breezed through QT and is living with the others.

Recently cleared my phone of excess pics n vids, so no pics of the latest pig.

BuckzBarnYard1983

Just born
Reaction score
Tilly, Milly & Trixie all passed.
I was monitoring Trixie, as she was old & it showed, so I was up there often to check in.
Lost Tilly on april 29th, fed/watered in AM like usual, came back an hour later for paperwork & she was gone.
Then May 1st, Milly was gone in the AM.
Maybe a genetic issue that hits young store pigs, FB is full of posts about 6mo-15mo store pigs randomly passing. I sent out Milly's body for necropsy, but they found nothing of interest.
Then Trixie died on May 4th.

Fast forward to a weekend in late September and someone had 2 girl pigs for free. One had severe respiratory illness and passed before Monday morning came around. The other sister breezed through QT and is living with the others.

Recently cleared my phone of excess pics n vids, so no pics of the latest pig.
I am sorry for your losses. I hope you rest easy knowing that you gave them as good of as a life as thy could have gotten. Bless you.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lost several to an unknown sickness that killed overnight, one had to be put down the next morning. My guess is a bad plant snuck in or somehow poisoned grass. Tried for months to give away the lone survivor. No luck. Not even as free snake food. Euthanized the last one the other day.
Have decided to be officially done with keeping guinea pigs after 25 years of continuous ownership.